Saturday, June 9, 2012

Well I couldn't stand it.  I had to go back to the Monroe Symphony Book Fair again today.  I bought three cookbooks. 


Papa Rossi's secrets of Italian Cooking by Victor Bennet
Leaves from our Tuscan Kitchen by Janet Ross and Michael Waterfield
The Woman's Day Book of Salads by Carol Truax

On the way into the building they had boxes of books for twenty-five cents.  I found two gems!  I love old books so when I saw these two I was ecstatic.  I love Taylor Caldwell and Irwin Shaw and when I saw these old books I grabbed them.  

A Pillar of Iron by Taylor Caldwell
Beggar Man, Thief  by Irwin Shaw

I also picked up The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.  All these books for $5.00 and they are all hardback books.  I did good!

“When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any
left, 

 I buy food and clothes.” 

Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus


Go check out the thrift shops and yard sales and get a good deal on a book and read this summer!


Bon Voyage!  

No comments:

Post a Comment