Friday, June 8, 2012

Today I went to the Monroe Symphony Book Sale.  I bought 13 books for $12.00.  I bought 4 hard-back books which look brand new and nine paper-back books. I am so excited!  I think I got a great deal and may even go back tomorrow and browse some more.  They are continuously putting books out.  WOW!  Here is the list of books I got this morning.


Hardback

  1.  The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon
  2.  The Island Walkers by John Bemrose
  3.  Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
  4.  Morgan's Run by Colleen McCullough (Thorn Birds)
               

Paperback

  5.  Empire Falls by Richard Russo (AWESOME AUTHOR)
  6.  Straight Man by Richard Russo
  7.  As the Crow Flies by Jeffrey Archer ( Kane and Able)
  8.  Sons of Fortune by Jeffrey Archer
  9.  The Brethren by John Grisham
10.  The Innocent Man by John Grisham
11.  The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
12.  Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
13.  Circle of Grace by Penelope J. Stokes

I know these are not new books.  Most were published quite awhile back.  But I have not read them so I am very excited.  I have read something by most of these authors, just not these particular books.  

After Grayson and I left the book fair we went to the library.  Well, after a run through Micky Dee's to get him a m&m McFlurry and me a sweet tea.  We got a lot of books about travel, such as trains, planes and space shuttles.  We have been reading this afternoon then Tom and Jerry caught his attention.  Next time we sit down to read I will turn the television off first.

Just a note; We had a murder, suicide in West Monroe at the local Sonic this morning.  Tragedy!  We never know who we are parked beside, behind or in front of.  Staying home a reading sounds a little safer to me.  We must never let our guard down wherever we are.  

Last night I began reading The Associate by John Grisham.  I am only on page 28 but I can tell that this is going to be a good one.

"The more you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn, the more places you'll go".  Dr. Seuss





Bon Voyage!  Enjoy a chapter or two today!

No comments:

Post a Comment