Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two New Books Read

Last Thursday, July 12, 2012 I started reading The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks and when I finished that one I read Safe Haven also by Sparks.  I finished the latter last night before I went to bed.  They were both very good reads.  I love Sparks, to start with and knew that going into these books I was going to feel my heart-strings pulled immensely.  And it was.  Both books made me cry.  I have to say that The Best of Me was a little predictable because I had the ending figured out pretty much way ahead of the game.  But in Safe Haven I was not sure about the ending, so this book kept me on the edge until the very end.  It was very heart wrenching. Very good.  In fact, I read where they are filming the movie as I write and it is starring Cobie Smulders, Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel.  I am looking forward to seeing this movie.  Now I am on to more books.  Summertime is a wonderful time to catch up on reading wonderful books.

No comments:

Post a Comment